(Where we ) HAVE FUN ON FOOT
Yarrawood acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of Country throughout Australia, and acknowledges and respects their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their Elders past, present and emerging, and acknowledge their custodianship of the Country in which we engage in our bushwalking and related activities.
Founded in 1982, Yarrawood draws its members from all over Sydney and adjacent regions. The club prides itself on its friendliness and reputation for providing enjoyable and safe activities for people of different ages (including retirees) and varying levels of fitness and experience.
Members enjoy bushwalks ranging from half-day to full-pack multi-day walks along with kayaking and other outdoor activities.
Basically, Yarrawood is similar to most other bushwalking clubs, but is different in several ways.
Instead of a club of “leaders” and “followers”, we aim to be a community in which everyone has the opportunity to contribute to the choice and running of activities. This means that what members put into the club largely determines the enjoyment and other benefits they get from their membership . It also ensures that club activities match the needs, desires and circumstances of members. Progress is being made towards having the following broad range of activities on offer:
- Walks - ½ day walks, twilight walks, breakfast walks, “history” walks, urban nature walks
- Day Trips - to wildflower, botanical gardens and parks, historic sites, etc.
- Multi-day trips – to outdoor recreation “hot spots” within NSW and other states where comfortable accommodation is available.
- Extended domestic and overseas walking, kayaking, cycling and other activity trips
- Car camps
- Pack walks
- Social get-togethers in- and out-of-doors, simply to chat or perhaps listen to a talk or take-in a film about nature or outdoor activities.
For more information or to contact the club, use this link.